So waaaaaay back in October Donna from Donzwebb nominated me for a Sunshine Award! I’m not sure what’s taken me so long to post about it but better late than never I hope! So let’s get to it:
The rules are:
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
5. Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them.
6. Answer the 10 questions at the bottom and create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
1. What’s the most difficult thing you’ve ever experienced and how did it change you?
This was a hard one to answer and is probably the reason I’ve waited so long to post this as my family was going through a lot when I got this nomination back in October.
In August, while Rob and I were in Vancouver, we found out my Mum had a cancerous tumour in her bladder and had to go through major surgery, this news coming just two weeks after finding out my cousin was diagnosed with breast cancer.
We had been thinking about coming back to England once Rob’s visa was up at the end of November, but with this news the decision was made for us and we left Canada in the middle of October. Going to work during my last 2 weeks knowing my Mum was sick and would be going in to hospital soon was extremely difficult, being so far away with an 8 hour time difference didn’t help. When we arrived back in the UK she had had the operation and had already been in hospital for over a week. She stayed there for a few more days then was finally allowed to come home with us. She has been back now for a couple of months but her recovery continues. It’s been a big adjustment for all of us and her life has been forever changed. It’s hard watching someone you love go through something like this and not knowing what you can do to help. Hopefully 2014 has some happier times in store for our family!
2. What’s the number one thing on your bucket list?
We’ve managed to travel quite a bit in the last 4 years and see almost everything on our list. I’d have to say that at the top of the list at the moment would be to go to New York with Rob. I’ve been once before when I was young and would absolutely love to return with him!
3. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging last year around the end of October. We were about to move from England back to Canada and I wanted a place where my family could easily follow what we were up to. I couldn’t really believe it when people I didn’t know started reading! I’ve really enjoyed documenting our lives over the last year and discovering new people and getting to see their experiences.
4. If you could witness any historical moment, which would you choose?
There are so many amazing historical moments to choose from that I couldn’t possibly narrow it down! I’ll have to go with one close to home and be a bit selfish and say my parents wedding day!
5. If you could meet one person in the world who would it be and why?
This is a difficult one!! I think I’ll go with Oprah because I feel like an hour with Oprah and she’d be able to make you realize your dreams and get you to be motivated to do anything! She just seems really inspiring and great at getting the best out of people. If not Oprah then Prince Harry, for obvious reasons (I’m interested in learning about the Monarchy of course! 😉 )
6. What sound do you absolutely love?
Laughter, pretty much anyone’s…well almost!
7. Best book you’ve ever read?
This is a toss up between To Kill A Mockingbird and Lovely Bones. They are both amazing and I can read them again and again and still love them.
8. If you won the lottery today, what is the first thing you would do?
Probably give my family the best Christmas ever! I’d also fly my brother over from Whistler to join us!
9. Favorite vacation spot?
I’d have to say Banff because Rob and I met there and it’s one of the most beautiful places in the world, in our opinion anyway! We love it there.
10. What was the last movie you watched that made you cry?
I think it was Captain Phillips. The last 10 minutes of that film really had me going!! Tom Hanks you get me every time!
Those questions were difficult Donna! Thanks so much for nominating me when you did and I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to actually post this.
The past few months have been far from easy for my family so I’ve tried to keep the blog as lighthearted and happy as I could. Question number 1 up there kept putting me off doing this post, but I feel happier now that I’ve let you all know what’s been going on over the last few months!
Now I’m going to nominate 10 other bloggers for the Sunshine Award! Here are my nominations:
The 10 questions for my nominees are:
1. What’s the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
2. What’s something most people don’t know about you?
3. If you could try out any job for a day, what would you like to try?
4. What’s the best decision you’ve ever made?
5. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
6. Who would play you in a movie?
7. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
8. If you could have tea with one fictional character, who would it be?
9. What is your favourite movie?
10. If you could give your younger self one piece of advice what would it be?
Getting this nomination meant a lot to me so thank you Donna!
And thank you for reading!