How great would it be to have one of the blogs you love, nominate you for a blog award? Well it’s happened to me 3 times now and I am brimming with gratitude about it!
A massive Thank You to Aisha from The Hashtag Generation for nominating me for the Liebster Award! Her blog instantly became one of my favourites when I discovered it and if I could, I would definitely nominate her for this award myself! Check out her blog if you haven’t already because you need it in your life!
Here are the rules to go along with the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog – by including it in your post and/or displaying it.
3. Answer questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate blogs – that you feel deserve the award – who have less than 200 followers
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
My Nominees for the Liebster Award:
Alexcellent! ~ Written by Alex, who used to work for Smash Hits magazine in Australia, Alexcellent! is a hilarious blog about pop-culture, parenthood, things to try, baking and the joy in the ordinary.
Duchess-at-Large ~ I have an obsession with royals, as I’m sure a lot of us do, and Anna over at Duchess-at-Large indulges us in that obsession frequently. Keeping us up to date on all their goings on and allowing us to drool over pictures of William and Kate as often as possible!
Harp On Life ~ This blog is written by three lovely girls, Erika, Gena and Caroline. They write about food, health, fashion, and the moments that inspire and make up their very different lives.
In the Heart of Laughter ~ ‘An enthusiast of all things positive and optimistic’. Elena writes this very honest and inspiring blog. With brilliant quotes, and great posts such as her letter to Lupita Nyong’o in response to her speech on beauty, you will be glad you found In the Heart of Laughter.
So, on to the questions for me to answer!
1. When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up?
It changed every day, but a teacher was definitely on the list (so was a postwoman!). There were a lot more random things I’m sure, and I’m actually still trying to figure it out!
2. What is your favourite TV Show currently on air (i.e still has episodes airing/will have a new season in the coming year)?
Anyone that knows me knows I could never pick just one 😀 My favourites at the moment are Scandal (which I just started watching, and love!), Game of Thrones, Mad Men, and Fargo. Not sure if Fargo will have more than one season but it’s definitely on my list as far as this season goes!
3. What is the most played song on your Itunes library?
Looking on there it appears to be You and I by Lady Gaga! I do love a good sing-a-long to that one I have to say!
4. What Hogwarts house do you believe you should be placed in and why?
I’m going to go with Ravenclaw for this one. We’d all love to be in Gryffindor of course but I’m definitely not brave enough for that! I’m a massive book lover and enjoy learning new things which are apparently Ravenclaw traits, as well as avoiding conflict and having no patience for the close-minded. That is definitely me.
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
I would say the United States, to do a road trip around the country with Rob. Not really one specific place but I’m cheating a little!
6. If you could spend 1 hour with any person – living, dead or fictional – who would it be and why?
This one is easy, I would choose my Mum. To spend another second with her would be amazing. There is so much I want to tell her, huge hugs I want to give her, and just to be with her again would be everything.
7. What’s the last book you read?
The last book I read was Life After Life by Kate Atkinson. I really enjoyed it and can see why it won awards and was selected as one of the top 10 books of 2013 by the editors of the New York Times Book Review.
Random Facts About Me:
~ I straightened my curly hair every day for about 10 years…some of my friends didn’t even know I had curly hair!
~ I have a strange hybrid accent, combining British and Canadian. Everywhere we go I sound like I’m “not from around here”.
~ No matter how full I am, there is always room for dessert.
~ Rob and I enjoy changing the lyrics to songs to something that we find hilarious, then rarely sing the original lyrics ever again.
~ Every few months I attempt to like olives…and every few months I’m reminded that I hate olives
~ I feel really smart whenever I get a pointless answer on the quiz show ‘Pointless‘.
~ I’ve never been stung by a bee
Here are my questions for my nominees:
1. If there was a movie about your life, who would play you?
2. What is your favourite book and why?
3. Where would your dream vacation be?
4. What is your favourite season and why?
5. If you were a super hero what power would you have?
6. If you could pass a new law, what would it be?
7. What is your favourite movie of 2014 so far?
Thank you again to Aisha for nominating me! Make sure you check out her blog along with the others that I’ve nominated! They’re fab!